Feminist leadership for me is the process that can address the challenges imposed to women by the patriarchal model where we are in our societies. I mean domination, I mean control, I mean competitiveness, I mean all the issues of power. We need feminist leadership to address that.Cécile Ndjebet
Mrs Cécile NDJEBET is an Agronomist and Social Forester by profession. Gender specialist and Women Leadership trainer and adviser; she holds a M.Sc. degree in Social forestry from Wageningen Agricultural University in The Netherlands. She is a PhD Doctorate at the Central Africa Catholic University working on “Gender relations, access to land and socio-economic situation of women in the Cameroon rural coast”
With 34 year of field experience, Cécile has an extensive experience on Gender and tenure, gender and REDD+ and gender and climate change. She started her professional career as a Cameroonian Civil servant. In 1997, she joined the civil society Organizations. Cécile founded a national NGO Cameroon Ecology in 2000 and has been advocating for community rights – including rural and Indigenous women – to forests, land and natural resources.
In 2009, Cécile, together with a group of African Women Rights advocates, founded the African Women’s Network for Community Management of Forests (REFACOF), The mission of REFACOF is to promote women’s rights in Africa and advocate to shape policies and practices for gender equity in relation to land and forest tenure.
In addition, Cecile is actively engaged in various processes and mechanisms at national, regional and global levels, such as:
- Coordinator of Cameroon and Central Africa CSO REDD&CC Platform
- Member of the Governing Council of the Africa Forest Forum (AFF)
- Forest and Farm Facility-FAO (FFF) led Initiative Steering Committee member
- Francophone Africa Focal Point for the International Tropical Timber Organization (ITTO) Civil society Advisory Group (CSAG)
- Women Major Group Francophone Africa Organizing Partner in support to the United Nations Sustainable Development processes
- Associate Member of WOCAN (Women Organizing for Change in Agriculture and NRM) Team of Trainers/Facilitators, Africa
- Focal Point of the Women Major Group of the United Nations Forest Forum (UNFF), and
- Woman Observer in the World Bank Forest Carbon Partnership Facility (FCPF)
Cécile is Francophone and fluent in English.